Globes from the George Glazer Gallery are the central display in the unusual new shop Partners & Spade in Greenwich Village and formed the photogenic backdrop for a number of photographs appearing in articles about the opening of the store. Partners & Spade is organized as "a collection of collections that invites gallery owners, designers, artists, and creatives to share their work and collections," according to The Scout, and has received a lot of media attention. The New York Observer published a profile of Andy Spade, noting, "In their store you can also buy one of collector George Glazer’s old globes, which range from $175 to $14,800." A selection of the news photos which feature our globes are shown on this page. The are from:
• The Scout, a "lifestyle and design-conscious site highlighting unique events, retail and dining experiences in New York City." Link to the article and another picture of the globes here (photo above).
• The New York Observer, a newspaper covering New York City. See the article on their web site (photo at right).
• The New York Times, which featured Partners & Spade in its Fashion & Style "Pulse" section with a slide show on its web site that shows a view of the store with globes at the center. The Times describes the shop as "a gallery-cum-concept shop filled with cool, clever -- and...occasionally oddball -- art objects, curated installations and vintage curios," and recommends it for when you need to find "a gift for someone who has everything" (photo below).
• New York magazine takes a tour of the store narrated by Andy Spade as part of its Spring Fashion Week '10 coverage, on their web site (photo below).
• Lane Crawford, an upscale Hong Kong department store hosts a pop-up store during the summer of 2011 installed by Partners & Spade and including some of our globes. Photo below and more information including video of a reception here.